Benefits of yoga for sports and athletes
- With yoga, you will be stronger, more flexible and less prone to injury.
- Learn how to heal past injuries and avoid future injuries.
- Fit yoga in with a training regimen – yoga is a great way to warm up before or cool down after sports. Also great for cross-training on ‘off days’.
- Breathing techniques – mindful breathing can enhance abilities at any sport.
- Improve posture and basic body alignment. Yoga helps out where sports can create overuse of certain muscles.
- Build core strength and balance.
- Enhance concentration, focus, and stability.
- Increase flexibility – flexible muscles have the ability to get stronger than rigid muscles. Flexibility also makes the body less prone to injury and will enable the body to take on more difficult tasks such as reaching or leaping for a ball.